How did March’s leg challenge go? 90-60-30 were you able to improve your counts?
This month is April – you know, Aries birthdays, spring showers and the start of maxi-dress & umbrella season! (*we hope… North American East coast posse, y’all hear my PLEA!!)
The challenge for the month is all about the WINGS – that’s ARMS – and, like last month’s challenge, it is very simple, in theory, but is all about challenging yourself.
1. Push-Ups > See how many you can do in a 1-up/1-down cadence, in 60seonds & record.
2. 15-60 seconds wide-arm plank > Those of you with a strong core & upper body can do it on out stretched arms; those who are at a more beginner level, do it on your forearms.
3. Dips > See how many you can do in a 1-up/1-down cadence, in 60seconds & record.
4. 15-60 seconds inverted plank hold (*chest up) > again, depending on your upper body strength, you can do it on your hands (arms, extended) or on your forearms
5. 30 seconds reverse arm mini-circles; 30 seconds forward mini-circles
6. 15-60 seconds pike-plank hold > Those of you with a strong upper body can do it with elevated legs; those who are at a more beginner level, do it with your feet on the ground.
The challenge, since I called it one, is to
A) complete the mini-circuit (*with as little rest as possible between moves);
B) improve your push-up and dip counts (*in the minute time);
C) challenge yourself to increase the time of your plank (*from closer to 15 seconds, to the full minute)
Enjoy it guys! And keep me posted on the progress!!
xo – Mia